If you've been reading the blog for a while you may remember a post last year about mangoes (which we love). It is even more exciting to have them in our own yard! They are very good - just wish there were more of them.
Another fruit tree:
We aren't sure what this will be when it's ripe, so I'll keep you posted.
This is our very own paw paw (papaya) tree which looked horrible when we arrived. It is doing much better and has quite a few blooms on it so hopefully it will produce some fruit.
Our gardener just brought cut down another bunch of bananas so we should have some of those ready to eat soon, but they are a variety that only I like (my friend from Sierra Leone calls them finger bananas), so our housekeeper and gardener will get the majority of those. They are small and sweet and I've been surprised at how many different varieties of bananas we've encountered in our travels.
My friend Helen (the one from Sierra Leone) and I were out walking and came across a pomegranate tree that was full of fruit. That was a first for me. We also spotted a baby chameleon. I took photos on my phone, but they didn't turn out very well so in the future I'll try to take a regular camera on some walks!
No comments:
Post a Comment