Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Blog

Many of you who knew us when we lived in Costa Rica asked if I'd be doing another blog to record our experiences on this new adventure in our lives, and here it is! I hope I'll be able to keep it up to date during our two years here. Please feel free to make comments - it encourages me when I know people are reading:). I also imported our old blog here so that you can read our overseas history if you'd like to.

We arrived in Paraguay on Thursday, July 1st after a long, but happily uneventful trip. So far, our impressions of Paraguay have been incredibly favorable. It helps that we have experienced some of the most beautiful weather that the country has - low 80's, sunny and low humidity. Today is the first cloudy day (but still pleasant!).

It also helps that we have friends here - the Sappia family whom we met in Costa Rica - who graciously invited us over to dinner our first night here even though they had just gotten back (with their 4 kids) from vacation a couple of hours earlier. Other people from the US community have been welcoming and helpful as well.

Our house is not ready for us yet, so we have been staying in a lovely hotel. For me, this is a helpful transition because I don't have to cook! But we have seen our house and at least the grown ups are VERY happy with it. So we look forward to moving in - hopefully in a couple of days. Until then, we are having a sort of mini-vacation while trying to learn our way around, getting some tasks taken care of (Abigail needs new glasses), and getting our Spanish back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment