Monday, September 30, 2013

Raining - Part Two

I wasn't expecting to be able to write about real rain so soon after that last post, but here it is:
First grey sky we've had in months.

You can see the raindrops on the pool!  The first rain is expected around October 15th so this is unusually early.  We also had some unusually hot weather the last few days of September (October is usually the hottest right before it rains) - which still makes me laugh a bit when people say, "It's so hot" since it only gets into the low 90's with no humidity.  Nothing compared to the 4 months of heat in Paraguay.  Or even July in Philly - when it is hot and humid whenever it is hot.  Looking at the forecast I think this is pretty much an one off event - no rain in the ten day forecast after today.  But at least it will bring the "perfect" temperatures that we usually have here in Zimbabwe (80's) back for a while. 

Here is the Jacaranda in our front yard.  I hope to get into the part of Harare where the trees make a canopy over the road when the blooms peak in a few days.  With any luck, I'll have some more spectacular pictures to post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment