For years I have pondered going to a Suzuki camp that was in the NH mountains which looked like it would just be a great setting. After our return to Blue Ridge was foiled I looked into the dates at Ogontz (in NH) and discovered that it was the week after our beach vacation in MA. The tales of how many connections there were between this camp and Africa is way too long to go into here. Let's just say it was a fabulous experience and I hope that some of those connections will result in visitors to Zimbabwe....
The cabins for campers
Ogontz Lake in the morning mist
The gathering circle
The African Girls
One of the really cool things that happened was that one of my students from Zimbabwe went to camp with us. It made it easier for our kids - being older first timers at a Suzuki camp can be difficult and having a friend go with them made it work. And I had the fun of seeing someone else teach another one of my student (besides Abigail). The girl on the left is from Tanzania (of German heritage).
No comments:
Post a Comment