Monday, June 17, 2013

Brrrr!

How can days in the 60's and nights in the 40's feel so cold?  Really I shouldn't be complaining because we have "splits" (heat/ac units) to heat up our house when most people do not.  But a few things make it seem colder than Paraguay.  First of all, when it was cold there our splits worked really well (not so much in the living space here).  Second of all, the cold is lasting a lot longer (it's only June after all - three months of winter to go).  And lastly, it's AFRICA!  Who thought it would be this cold for this long?  My winter clothes are pretty picked over at this point which doesn't help.  I'm really glad I still have the warm fleece that I got right before I had Arianna....I've used it a lot!

Another interesting difference is that we have so many friends (both locals and internationals) who have no heat in their houses other than a fireplace.  And I go to teach once a week at a school in a colder part of the country where there is no heat either.  But I know there are many here who have fewer blankets and no access to heat at all, so I will count my blessings (as I crawl under the covers).

No comments:

Post a Comment