Saturday, November 5, 2011

Spring again!


Last year I posted some photos of the yellow lapacho tree and said that I hoped to get some photos of pink ones this year.  Well, I did, so here they are:





These are actually in bloom in the winter (June - August), and for a while I was driving the girls crazy because I would stop and take a picture when I was driving.  But I'm glad I did, because when the yellow ones came out this year (September) we had a few hot days and the blooms all died very quickly.  They were stunningly beautiful for a few days, but I didn't manage to get one photo.  It reminds me of the spring magnolias that we have in the northeast that often get killed by frost.  I didn't realize last year that the long blooming season was something that I should not have taken for granted....

Now we have these spectacular red-orange trees.  I don't know their names, and I have a couple of photos, but I will try to get more before they are gone (hopefully the thunderstorms we are having today won't knock off all their blooms!).


No comments:

Post a Comment