Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mulan

The girls had a really fun opportunity to help out with the ASA (American School) production of Mulan.  Many of their friends had important roles (one of Arianna's friends was Mulan), and we were looking forward to seeing the production.  The week before the show, one of the moms called to see if the girls were interested in helping backstage.  At first I said no because I thought they'd want to see the show (they were needed backstage for both performances), but they both thought that they'd rather help.

Then I found out that they needed to go to two and a half days of dress rehearsals.  We are working hard at getting school finished before I go back to the US for Suzuki Camp with the girls, so I wasn't sure about the whole thing.  But they worked hard the few days before the rehearsals, so I said yes, and I'm glad they did.  After the first day (which was a bit boring, especially for Abigail), they had a great time helping and really enjoyed being part of the show.  The teachers greatly appreciated all the hard work they did, and each girl received a big bouquet of flowers on the final night of the show!


John and I went to watch the second (and final) night and we really enjoyed the production.  It helped to know many of the kids who were in it - and the kids we know all did a terrific job.  It has been fun to see Arianna's passion for theater rekindled - now we just need to find an outlet for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment