What a lovely winter send off from Cincinnati! After a two year break from blogging, I am back at it as I head back to Africa. Malawi should be green, a.k.a. rainy when we land there. The trip from Cincinnati to Lilongwe is "the long way". First, we headed to Atlanta (where I am writing) and next we head to Johannesburg onto one of the longer flights on the planet which takes 15 to 16 hours. That flight arrives after the last daily departure for Lilongwe and so we stay overnight in a hotel in Johannesburg before catching a plane on the third day of our trip.
Fortunately, thanks to the US government shut down, John is flying with me. I’m pretty sure this is the first time in our foreign service life where it is just the two of us taking the trip. It will be different to live in Africa as empty nesters but exciting nonetheless. Hoping that many of my new friends in Cincinnati will enjoy following my sabbatical journey here on this blog. Welcome back to any faithful followers from our previous foreign service adventures.
On another African note, our thoughts and prayers have been with our friends in Zimbabwe since we started to hear news from them on Saturday about potential unrest. It doesn't usually make big headlines in the US but if you search for it you can see what has been happening. For those of you inclined to pray, please add the people of Zimbabwe to your list. I had been making travel plans to go there to do some teacher training and concerts with friends while I live in Malawi and we are hoping to take our girls back there in May. 🇿🇼
You need to update the profile picture!
ReplyDelete