Can you see the bottom end of this guy leaping into the tree?
Another acrobatic leap off of the swing!
When I first started seeing monkeys in the places we traveled I thought it was the coolest thing. But it didn't take long to find out that the locals viewed them as somewhat of a pest (I remember finding this out about the green monkeys in Barbados). One time upon arriving home to our house in WV and seeing the squirrels running around our "city" backyard, I realized that in many parts of the world, the monkeys are no more glamorous than squirrels. And still, when I do see them out and about when I visit other parts of the world, I think they're pretty cool. Maybe it's because they are so playful. These guys were hanging around the playground at the upscale shops in a rustic setting that are on the outskirts of Harare. The girls and I went out there the day that they had off from school and although we didn't buy anything we enjoyed seeing the monkeys and having afternoon "tea". By the way, I haven't seen any squirrels here (but there are plenty of what I call geckos in our yard).
No comments:
Post a Comment